Venturing forth with my new camera, I’ve confronted this week’s WordPress Photo Challenge with vim and vigor – well, at least I think I have.
The challenge is to present photos that somehow exhibit, personally or universally, some form of change. Let’s see what I came up with.
1. This first photo is of my son’s scooters. Walking our of my garage, the scooter’s were arranged just as they are pictured. I thought the arrangement made for a fine photo. Why change? My boy is growing up. He doesn’t use these scooters much anymore.
2. My second photo is of a tree in my backyard. The photo was captured a day or so before Hurricane Sandy visited the Northeast. After Sandy struck, the trees leaves, all that gold, was gone.
3. My third offering represents a more universal change. I write about the American Civil War. My first book, Private Hercules McGraw: Poems of the American Civil War, was released in 2012. My second, The Journals of Lt. Kendall Everly, should be released soon. The photo presented here is of a Union Cavalry Guidon. Flags of this type flew 150 years ago. The flag pictured here, flies in my yard.
4. Finally, I present a photo of the English department’s book storage room at Wayne Hills High School where I teach literature and writing. Education has changed quite a bit in my 20 years as a teacher. Unfortunately, many recent changes are hurting education. This photo reminds me days gone by and why I became a teacher. I love books. I love a good story.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Change (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: It changes color! (diamondmikewatson.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: change (plaridel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Change (pilotfishblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Change (boogiepants.wordpress.com)